Shamrock Golf Off to a Strong Start
Shamrock Golf is off to a great start, finishing in the top 3 in each of the first five Varsity matches. In addition, St. Pat’s has had at least one player place in the medals every match. Shamrocks also shot a two-year team low score of 319 at the St. Laurence Invitational.
- Nazareth Invitational (8/12) – Shamrocks got off to a fast start on the season shooting a team score of 327 in the first match. As a team, St. Pat’s tied for first place with Marist and lost in a scorecard playoff. Athlete of the Week Aidan Nichol ’22 and Emilio Bedon ’22 shot a pair of 76’s to tie for second. Mason Kim ’22 was close behind with an 82.
- St. Laurence Invitational (8/13) – A great match against a strong field that included St. Ignatius, Mt. Carmel and Fenwick among others. The team had a two-year best team score of 319 and three players in the top 10 including Nichol with a 3rd place finish (75), Bedon in 7th (78) and Patrick McIntee ’22 in 10th (82). Shamrocks finished 3rd behind Fenwick and Marmion.
- St. Viator Invitational (8/14) – This was a battle of the ESCC versus the CCL. The field was comprised of ESCC (St. Viator / St. Patrick / St. Rita / Notre Dame) and CCL (Loyola / Fenwick / Benet / St. Ignatius). The CCL came out on top in a hard fought battle with only Benet and St. Ignatius beating St. Pat’s team score of 344. Nichol finished in solo 3rd place with a 77. Kim showed up big time and helped hold the team together.
- Lasallian Cup (8/18) – Shamrocks dominated Montini and DeLaSalle at Cog Hill and finished first overall in the team event with a 164, and had the two top finishers with 1st place going to Bedon (37) and 2nd to Nichol (38). Bedon had an incredible shot driving 375 yards on a par 4 hole.
- McHenry Invitational (8/21) – Up against some strong competition, Shamrocks placed in 3rd at 344, finishing behind Lake Zurich And Antioch. Nichol was very close to one of the best rounds of his young career, but still finished solo 2nd in the team competition with a 77. Brendan Bednarek ’23 played some of his best golf of the year and helped the team place 3rd.
Head Coach Matt McIntee says he is very proud of the team and excited to see what this group of boys will accomplish this season.
The Shamrocks traveled to Fenwick today for a match at 3;45 pm.