SAFETY MEASURES AND PRECAUTIONS
As per the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) and Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) requirements and recommendations designed to keep students, faculty and staff healthy and safe upon a return to school, please be aware of the following safety measures and precautions for the 2020-21 school year:
– All students, faculty and staff will be required to wear a mask/face covering while in the school building. We cannot admit anyone into the building without a mask/face covering (all masks should be solid color or SPHS and cover the nose and mouth). Masks must be worn at all times except when eating during lunch and during socially distant mask breaks as provided.
– Temperature checks will be performed on all students, faculty and staff each morning. If any student, faculty or staff member exhibits a fever (100.4 or above), they will be unable to enter the building. Please allow additional time in the morning for temperature checks.
– In addition, prior to coming to school, all students, faculty and staff must be able to answer no to the following questions:
– Have you traveled internationally or domestically to an area with community spread in the last 14 days?
– Have you come in close contact with anyone who has traveled internationally or domestically to an area with community spread in the last 14 days?
– Have you had prolonged, close contact with or directly cared for someone who tested positive for or has been suspected of having COVID-19 within the last 14 days?
– Do you have any symptoms of COVID-19 as outlined by the CDC (fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea)?
– If a student, faculty or staff member can answer “yes” to any of the questions above, they should not attend school.
– A school nurse will assist with temperature and symptom checks in the morning, and students who are sick or exhibit symptoms of COVID-19 throughout the day.
– All students who arrive at school prior to 6:30 am should wait outside the Atrium. Students will be allowed to enter the building once they receive temperature and symptom checks and will be directed to the cafeteria where they will remain until 7:20 am when they must go directly to their A Period class. Once the cafeteria reaches capacity (50 people), students will need to go to their A Period class.
– Upon entering the building, students who arrive after 7:20 am will immediately report to their A period class unless designated otherwise.
– There will be designated entrances for students to enter each morning and exits to leave the building at the conclusion of school.
– Freshmen and Sophomores will use the Main Entrance off Belmont Ave.
– Juniors, Seniors, Faculty and Staff will use the Atrium Entrance off the Belmont Parking Lot.
– Visitors will be required to check in using our visitor management system, wear an ID, receive a temperature check, and answer no to the four questions provided.
– Locker trips for most students will be limited to the beginning and end of the school day. Exceptions will be made, as needed.
– Bathroom visits during passing periods should be limited and social distancing must be adhered to in restrooms.
– Social distancing signage and hand washing reminders have been added throughout the building. In addition, faculty and staff will be encouraging students to practice social distancing and wash their hands frequently.
– There will be signage in hallways directing students to stay to the right and socially distance as much as possible.
– Plexiglass has been installed at the Security station inside the Main Entrance, Receptionist Desk in the Main Office, Attendance Office and Library.
– Hand sanitizer stations and touchless water fountains are available throughout the building. Students should bring their own water bottles (no soda, Gatorade, etc.), personal hand sanitizer and multiple masks to use throughout the day.
– Larger furniture items will be removed from classrooms and desks will be rearranged to face the same direction and spaced to allow for social distancing to the greatest extent possible.
– We have added options for flexible classrooms including the Atrium, Auxiliary Gym, Main Gym, Balcony and Cafeteria (during non-lunch periods).
– Classrooms will have designated “ENTER” (west end) and “EXIT” (east end) doors.
– PE classes will be held outside, weather permitting. In addition, Band and Choir will relocate their classrooms to adhere to social distancing guidelines and Theatre will make adaptations and modifications, as needed.
– All Faculty will be required to maintain a seating chart alphabetically by last name for each class to assist with contact tracing if the need arises.
– There will be four lunch periods each day In-Person Learning is held. Quest Food Management will provide a grab and go lunch service (prepackaged to allow for less contact). There will be limited seating at each lunch table and students will remain in the cafeteria during their entire lunch period.
– Students will be asked to immediately leave the building following the conclusion of the school day as the building will be locked after 3 pm to allow for daily cleaning and disinfecting. Possible exceptions may include athletics, activities or scheduled Office Hours with a Faculty Member in the Library until 3:15 pm.
– There will be no in-person Retreats or Field Trips scheduled this year. Plans for virtual options and Liturgies adhering to social distancing guidelines of 50 people or less are still being discussed.
– Transportation will be provided, but temperature and symptom checks will be required daily prior to a student getting on the bus and he must wear a mask.
To visit our Admissions page and learn more about Saint Patrick High School, click here.