PLAN TO START THE ACADEMIC YEAR
Our plan to start the 2020‐21 academic year is a Hybrid Learning model. The Hybrid Learning schedule, a combination of In-Person and Remote Learning, allows us to pivot to full In‐Person Learning should we move to Phase 5 or fully remote if our local or state conditions change.
For the Hybrid Learning model, students in all classes will be divided into two groups (Green and Gold) to adhere to social distancing guidelines by lessening the number of students in the building and in classrooms during In-Person Learning. Students will follow Shamrock Schedule A & B below on alternating weeks which means in a two-week period each group will be in-person 5 out of 10 days (3 days one week, 2 days the next) unless there are scheduled days off. Green and Gold group assignments and class schedules will be sent to families the week of August 10.
For Schedule A, those students in the Green group will attend classes in-person on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and remotely on Tuesday and Thursday. For Schedule B, those students in the Green group will attend classes remotely on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and in-person on Tuesday and Thursday.
For Schedule A, those students in the Gold group will attend classes in-person on Tuesday and Thursday and remotely on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. For Schedule B, those students in the Gold group will attend classes in-person on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and remotely on Tuesday and Thursday.
RETURN TO SCHOOL WEBINARS
Return to School Webinars were held for parents on Monday, August 3 to address information in the Return to School Plan and answer any additional questions. A recording of the first webinar may be found here. Click here for additional questions from the second webinar.
Orientation Week will provide students, faculty and staff an opportunity to get acclimated with new policies, procedures, instruction, etc. Students should be in dress code whether in-person or remote during their scheduled times for Orientation.
– Monday, August 17 – Faculty Work Day
– Tuesday, August 18 – Freshman Orientation (Green In-Person; Gold Remote)
– Wednesday, August 19 – Freshman Orientation (Gold In-Person; Green Remote)
– Thursday, August 20 – All School Orientation (Green In-Person 7:45 am – 12:10 pm; Gold Remote)
– Friday, August 21 – All School Orientation (Gold In-Person, 7:45 am – 12:10 pm; Green Remote)
Transfer Student Orientation is Wednesday, August 19 from 9 am – 10:30 am. Students should report to the Main Lobby off Belmont Ave.
REGULAR SCHEDULE BEGINS
– Monday, August 24 – Schedule A: Green In-Person; Gold Remote
– Tuesday, August 25 – Schedule A: Gold In-Person; Green Remote
– Wednesday, August 26 – Schedule A: Green In-Person; Gold Remote
– Thursday, August 27 – Schedule A: Gold In-Person; Green Remote
– Friday, August 28 – Schedule A: Green In-Person; Gold Remote
– Monday, August 31 – Schedule B: Gold In-Person; Green Remote
– Tuesday, September 1– Schedule B: Green In-Person; Gold Remote
– Wednesday, September 2– Schedule B: Gold In-Person; Green Remote
– Thursday, September 3 – Schedule B: Green In-Person; Gold Remote
– Friday, September 4 – Schedule B: Gold In-Person; Green Remote
SCHOOL CALENDER FOR FIRST SEMESTER
Tuesday, August 18 and Wednesday, August 19 – Class of 2024 Orientation
Thursday, August 20 (Green – In-Person, Gold Remote) and Friday, August 21 (Gold In-Person, Green Remote) – First Days of School (Orientation – Bell Schedule)
Monday, August 24 (Green – In-Person, Gold, Remote) – Regular Schedule Begins
Monday, September 7 – Labor Day – No classes
Tuesday, October 6 – Class of 2021 ACT Exam – Remote Learning Day for the rest of the school
Wednesday, November 25 to Sunday, November 29 – Thanksgiving Break
Monday, December 14 to Friday, December 18 – First Semester Exams
Saturday, December 19 to Sunday, January 3 – Christmas Break
Monday, January 4 – Second Semester begins
Please remember that Late Start Wednesdays are postponed until further notice.
To visit our Admissions page and learn more about Saint Patrick High School, click here.