Vice President of Finance & Facilities
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIRED SKILLS
1. Bachelor or Master’s degree (preferred) in accounting, finance, business, education, or closely related field.
2. Three years’ senior level experience in a school or not for profit business setting.
3. Knowledge of theory, principles, practices and techniques of public sector/school financing. Previous experience in the management or oversight of capital improvement projects preferred.
4. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in demanding situations.
RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The CSBO is responsible for advising the principal, president, and board of trustees on the overall financial and daily budget operations of the school. The CSBO prepares and administers the budget; guides the development of the long-term capital financing methods; allocates resources; directs/supervises all business/finance functions within the business office in addition to departmental responsibility for the business office, food services, and facilities. The ideal candidate is a highly ethical, strategic thinker who can provide strong financial leadership, demonstrate a strong customer service focus for internal and external customers and demonstrate excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
1. Responsible for budget development, administration, and long range financial planning for the school.
2. Prepare and oversee the preparation of financial reports including management reports used by the Finance Committee and Board of Trustees. Ensure that report formats meet all reporting requirements.
3. Establish, maintain, and supervise all payroll functions, benefit programs plans and all other insurance programs necessary to operate the school.
4. Responsible for the direction and operation of the physical plants within the school and will oversee building construction.
5. Serve as administrative liaison to the Board Finance Committee and Board Property, Plant, and Equipment Committee.
6. Prepare and communicate pertinent, financial presentations to staff, parent and community as needed.
7. Work in conjunction with school’s outside Certified Public Accounting firm in preparation of the Annual Certified Audit Report.
8. Perform other duties as assigned by the Principal and or President.
Has direct supervisory responsibility for the business support staff and is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. SKILL SETS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from parents, students, faculty, administration or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to administrators, public groups/community, and the Board of Trustees.
Proficient in technology, especially financial software and spreadsheets. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff and the school community. Ability to speak clearly and concisely both in oral and written communication and to perform duties with awareness of all school requirements, Board of Trustee policies and State/Federal requirements/guidelines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to actively perform work in classroom, office, and other business and community settings. Ability to move freely and perform duties in numerous locations throughout the day (typically involving frequent standing, walking, sitting, bending, and lifting). Exposure to noise and activity of a school setting. Exposure to weather conditions. The employee must be able to frequently operate a computer and other office equipment as well as verbally communicate and accurately comprehend information.
To apply, click here.